I suppose I’ll just start with the basics: My name is Amy Webster
and I’m 19 years old. Currently, I’m in the nursing program, even though I’m
not certain what I want to do in the future. I just took an online “Work
Interest Profile” assessment as part of the Exploring Your Future class and the
top two careers it matched me with were being an anthropologist or an art
appraiser. So yeah. I like to think I know what I want to do, but I've come to
realize it may take me a bit of time to figure it all out.
I suppose my results from that assessment were so scattered
because I have a lot of varying interests. I do love learning about the
sciences (just not taking tests on them, haha) which is conducive to nursing/the
medical field. However, I honestly love learning about many things. That’s a
big part of my personality, I guess. I love to learn about new topics and ideas
that I had no/little previous knowledge on. I think the more you know, the more
you realize you don’t know and I find this both frustrating and oddly
satisfying.
So while I love the sciences and the medical field, I also
have a great passion for the arts (reading, writing, painting, knitting, music,
etc.). Reading is an especially huge hobby of mine; I’m basically always
reading at least one book at any given time. Picking favorite books is hard for me but as of
right now, I have special fondness for Les Miserables, The Count Of Monte
Cristo and the A Song of Ice and Fire series (what Game of Thrones is based off
of).
Kind of along the same lines as liking to learn, I also love
to travel and go to interesting events. My older sister and I actually went to a
concert last night; we love to go to music events together. Our favorite
musician (who we saw last night) is a guy named Andrew McMahon. He has started
several music groups/projects; his current group is called Andrew McMahon In
the Wilderness. If you’d like to hear the soundtrack to my life, listen to
Andrew’s music, haha. I also go to a lot of concerts with my friends; we really enjoy alternative/rock/pop punk
concerts (like Fall Out Boy).


Ah, this is getting long winded now... I suppose I’ll
wrap up by saying that I love my friends and family (and cat) more than
anything. I feel bad that I can’t mention every one of them because they
certainly deserve it for being there for me during the best and worst times of
my life.
How do you finish an introduction, haha? Well, I’m sure we’ll
all get to know each other since our class is a pleasantly small. I look
forward to learning about everyone and I hope this blog has helped you know more about me.
![]() |
| Some of my friends and I (sorry to those missing!) |
![]() |
| Family (not the best pic, haha) |
![]() |
| Sorry if you're not a cat person haha |
![]() |
| My sis and I before a concert |




No comments:
Post a Comment